Sunday, August 26, 2007

Home on the Range

So, I really overreacted about housing issues. I found a roommate apartment 3 blocks from work. Someone sign me up for the West Hollywood Civic Association.

It's a very nice condo right across from the crazy girl that I was supposed to see Saturday, but I had ducked out on. I saw her as I was coming out of my future place, after spending 30 minutes with my new, chill roomies.

I will walk uphill to work, about 8 minutes, and I will probably go home for lunch. Very Little House on the Sunset Blvd. Who walks in LA? I do!

For all my readers still toiling in (f)unemployment; I still have solidarity with you, comrades! I have no words of wisdom since I fell into this all by random, lucky timing. At least I can say I got my job using just the Internet (a series of tubes, really), the good Stanford name, and no personal "ins" at my future employer.

My future employer is not myspace by the way. But there is a Murdochian connection, if you seek one.

1 comment:

joshua said...

hey... wait a tick! you're talking about me with that "(f)unemployment" mumbo-jumbo!!

*sigh*

brookings didn't want me. maybe i'll become a professional kickballer.