Saturday, August 25, 2007

the book of jobs

I got a job.

Yet far be it for me to relax. No, now I have to brave M. Craig and his list to find an apartment. Is there any other way? Plus, I will be making juuuussstt enough money to be stupid enough to think I can afford to live on my own. This is like the part in the Book of Job where God lets the Angel of Vengeance smite Job (no job), and then God gives it all back (job!), and THEN lets the A of V smite Job AGAIN (no housing, and plus the best fricking place I have found comes with blonde-haired blue-eyed CRAZY as a roommate).

My parents were flustering me this morning, and I was late to a viewing, and I said to myself, I think it's ok to speed just this once.

It was not ok. I got my first speeding ticket. The one time I go over 80 mph. I have said before, my karma is acute and swift.

Anyway, I'm sure once I get my place, I will probably throw out my back moving my couch, or spend an insomniac night worrying about which rug I should buy off, again, Craig's List. After which point, I will snag a beautiful, large, fluffy, Persian one off of Free Stuff.

My job? Assistant Product Manager of a fun little web offering cradled in the firm grip of a larger media holding company. Best of both worlds: Free will, but don't forget who has the power to create and destroy your life (or paychecks). Which is what the Voice in the Whirlwind reminded Job.

Everlasting gratitude is due the Voice. And everlasting vigilance is due the Internet: I moderate my comments to ward off blog spam.

1 comment:

Barrett said...

have you gotten spam in the past? i don't moderate comments and have never had to worry about spam. as soon as that happens, i will start to moderate.

anyhoo, congrats! could this be a job at myspace, methinks? that could indeed be described as "a fun little web offering cradled in the firm grip of a larger media holding company."

does that mean you're living in the city of angeles?