Thursday, April 26, 2007

couch surfing

so, when I went to Valencia, I Couch Surfed with KiwiMike and SusieSue. The Couch Surfing Project is not sketchy like it sounds. You should check out the website. Basically, it's a Web 2.0 social networking site that hooks up travellers with people willing to let those travellers sleep on their couch, or at the least, meet them for coffee or give them a tour around their town. I had a confluence of surfers last night, three in all. ( I love that word, confluence. Fav new word: confluence. Fav new spice: pepper. Old school.) Two were Quebequoise sisters; speaking to them was a like a live-action Têtes à Claques. The other was a fellow assistant, American. We went out for drinks with my roommates and my upstairs neighbors (we're turning into quite the little social compound here on Charlie Street), and also met up with another girl from CS, living in Avignon. One of my neighbors politely hid his skepticism when he heard about the CS project, saying, "It's not my cup of tea." And it's true, CS is not everybody's earl grey, but I think the website weeds out these people. Anyway, it was fun hosting people while I had the time to do it. Next week, back to work, tomorrow back to job hunting.

In other news, I ate an ice cream cone and read 1492 instead of writing the cover letter to an important company. But at least I finished my CV.

No comments: