Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Vacation, all I ever wanted


So this is my last big French vacation. Three weeks long. At the beginning, I went to Barcelona and Valencia, and had a great time in spite of the crap weather. I came back and chilled in Avignon, eating ice cream cones in the park. 4 friends= one 4-pack of Magnum (it's an ice cream here, not a prophylactic) vanilla-almond cones. Then I went to the calanques again, this time I took my swimsuit and my boy. Then I went to my roommate's dad's house near Toulon, and we hung out by her gorgeous pool, ate crepes, and today went to a child-infested beach at St. Cyr-sur-Mer.

Did I mention that at Easter, I went with le boy to his mom's childhood hometown with all his family in Champagne? I drank 10 diff champagnes in 3 days. I also ate homemade mayonnaise, and finished every meal with cheese AND a dessert.

I love vacation, even though it means spending too much money and not finding the time to, uh, look for a grown-up job.

PS. I am reading a grown-up book. Non-fiction. 1491 by Charles Mann, about how the Indian peoples of the Americas were way more bad-ass then we thought before the arrival of the Europeans (before Colombus and the ocean blue).

No comments: