Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Supremacy of French Medication

I had my gallbladder out (laparoscopically, very minor), and at first I didn't want to put that sort of thing on the intertubes, but really, does that matter? If they hold it against me when I run for President, I would be glad that's they worst they found on here.

Anyway, in addition to being mostly recovered from my surgery, my body decided the wear and tear I was putting it through was outrageous, and responded with a sore throat (on Friday), and then a never-ending runny nose and fits of sneezing. Throw in a low-grade fever (99 degrees, but my normal body temperature is around 96), and some flu-like body aches, and you're looking at my horrible sniffy snotty weekend. I've been using a handkerchief, which is kind of disgusting (wiping my face in my own snot over and over), but it's less disgusting than toilet paper, and doesn't irritate my nose. I could have bought kleenex, but, think of the trees!

My roommate/landlord is really into TheraFlu, and I had some, and it did nothing.

Then, in the back of the drawer, I saw left over French medication from our French roommate who was here for about a month. Feverex, powder in sachet, for feverish states. Works on nasal afflictions. Sounded good to me!

I dissolved the powder in some water, drank it, and felt my drippy nose dry up like the Gobi desert. Wonderful. One thing about the French, their over-the-counter medications are just fantastic. I should tell you about their aspirin sometime. That stuff, Aspegic, should beatified by el Papa

No comments: