Monday, July 16, 2007

welcome back, said mace

Do you remember that Mace song? I like how entertainment people become Christian, then Christian ministers, and then decide to make a comeback film/album/show. Anyway, I prefer Mace and Brandy's "Sittin' on Top of the World." Is Brandy still a judge on that talent show?

Anyway, is it good to be back? I like the ethnic food in California, though I am still looking for a reasonably priced unpretentious bistro with a seasonal, well-thought out menu. Essentially, looking for a restaurant with French sensibilities and California food. A restaurant that won't try to kill me with fried mcfatty fat processed food. Isn't there a pound of beef burger or something out there? Frightening.

I'm going to keep posting to this blog for a little while even though I don't have to teach those bratty little Orangeois kids anymore. I may find a blog new home, but don't worry, I won't desert you, my audience of one. I heard 100% of assistants to foreign fancy magazine editors of magazines that start with N and end in ewsweek read my blog.

You know, at my last meal in France with le boy, we ate a fabulous restaurant called AOC in the 5th, and I ate pork stuffed with lady pork prosciutto (called truite). We drank a Giverny light red, and it was a perfect meal. Le boy, meanwhile, has the audacity and wisdom to say, "I don't understand your English," if you ask what he's wearing over the telephone.


PS. Barry Bonds is a little druggie and I don't care even he does score more homeruns, he violates the spirit of America's pastime. Go Dodgers.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hey, that's two readers to you! How could you forget your friend the intern at the organization that starts with U and ends with N?

How would you say 'what are you wearing' in French so that it would sound sexy, anyway? That a tough one.

rt said...

I'm not really sure how you see it THAT way in French. Maybe if I did, I could say it without giggling, which might increase my chances for an adequate response.

Barrett said...

it's true, 100% sounds about right