NOT GOING TO LIE: I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THE FRENCH RIGHT NOW.
All I want is my green card so I can apply for housing welfare (everyone does it!), my french debit card so I can buy train tickets at the automated kiosk instead of waiting in line for 20 minutes, and my mobile phone, so I can call the US for free from 8pm to midnight (it's this fabulous deal that I can't sign up for until I get my debit card).
I wish I didn't speak French well enough to understand that all these delays are because the French suck, and not because I don't speak French well enough. Ignorance and bliss, blah blah blah.
Oh look! Here is my address!
14 rue Saint Charles
Appt RDC
84000 AVIGNON France.
Oh look! Here is a list of things I like!
oatmeal cookies
letters
photos
books books books books books books books books
mix cd's
dvd's: indie comedies, wes anderson, tv shows, pirated copies of current episodes of tv shows about sexy surgeons, dramas, korean soaps, law and order.
almond joy candy bars
letters, seriously
post cards
handmade knitted things
Oct. 27 birthday gifts
american non-generic tampons
iTunes gift certificates
US weekly and all the rags
books, seriously
any token that you care and i'm not just taking empty sustenace in the idea that people care for me, and that as I languish on the Continent, someone back home ties a figurative french flag ribbon round the old oak tree for me.
I know I had sworn against livejournal-y posts, but let's just call this nouveau-woolfian stream of frustration style, mkay?
I'll just stand in line to buy my train ticket, thought mrs. dalloway
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment